Monday, August 20, 2012

Halifax


I was soooo stressed by biking here. The highway has a little stop of a shoulder and there are 4 lanes of traffic just whizzing by. I had to give up biking and walk my bike on the gravel shoulder. At 6am the highway was quiet but not at noon not so quiet.

At the airport I biked off the highway and discovered a bus goes downtown AND takes bikes. Score.

I am not sure if it.was a Sunday or what but Halifax didn't wow me as a place yet. I did meet a lot of friendly people which was awesome.  And perhaps that is what I will take away from Halifax.

I did go to a pub last night that had an an amazing cover band. They played more folly rock music and some maritime music that the droids could easily sing along to. Image a very humid city, in a pub with no a/c. Now fill the pub till your shoulder to shoulder with everyone else. It was a very hot place.I was surprised that they had that big of an event for a Sunday. I guess they normally hold it outside but it decided to rain.

Today I am exhausted and tired. I could sleep away the day but there are things to see n do. Weird that yesterday I was ok all day and it caught up to me today.



Location : 2188 Gottingen St, Halifax, NS B3K,

No comments:

Post a Comment