Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Dublin arrival

It's Tuesday noon and the first few days have been fun and exhausting. The red eye flights give you little time for sleep and move you through time zones so upon lose the entire night. St Johns was nice to explore although the snow banks shocked me. I had a fantastic fish n chips at the Duke on Ducksworth. It was loaded with dressing n gravy.  Prior I stopped at the Quids Vida brewery and enjoyed all the beers I sampled, even the pilsner. George Street was very quiet especially for a Saturday but such is life , it can be hit n miss.

Sunday I checked out of the hostel and did something totally unlike me. I chatted with a local on Tinder and quickly  met up with her for the intent of going for a drive. After a coffee we took off and explored east newfoundland and some of its bays. Mental note, next visit must go to bell island and visit the mines! It sounds very cool. She was very nice n friendly and invited me for supper what she called a cold plate.

Then it was time for my flight, another late night leaving at 11 and arriving at 8 but only 4 hours in the air. Needless to say I was dead tired. Oh I bought a pair of Bose QC20 noise cancelling headphones and they worked amazingly.  I heard the odd voice but the noise of the airplane did not exist! But no it didn't give me an 8 hour sleep.

On landing in Dublin I left my luggage at the hostel and started walking around downtown the highlight was the Guinness Storehouse which was followed by a very much needed late afternoon nap. The evening was finished off in a nearby pub eating Beef n Guinness Stew, listening to music while chatting with people whilst I tasted a variety of beers n a cider.   Oh I met a lady from Seattle who might meet up with tomorrow.  She has a variety 9f business meetings so ya never know.








No comments:

Post a Comment